The Network Architectures and Services Group
NAS educates and conducts research in the broad area of complex networks, ranging from man-made infrastructures such as data communications and energy networks, to biological, brain, social and financial networks. The emphasis lies on understanding network characteristics as well as the processes running on top of the network.
NAS participates in the Bachelor's program of Electrical Engineering and in the following Master Programs of Delft University of Technology:
- Master of Science (MSc) in Computer Science
- Master of Science (MSc) in Telecommunications
- Master of Science (MSc) in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science (MSc) in Embedded System
- 17.05.2021: Bastian Prasse received his PhD degree with Cum Laude. His thesis is available here: Epidemics on networks: Analysis, Network Reconstruction and Prediction
- 10.05.2021: Dr. Nazli Yonca Aydin, assistant professor at the Systems Engineering department of the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management gave a guest lecture at NAS with title "Measuring Response and Recovery Behavior of Urban Water Networks".
- 22.04.2021: Prof.dr.ir. Piet Van Mieghem has received an ERC Grant for ViSioN, Virus Spread on Network.
- 01.03.2021: Dr. Mattia Sensi joins NAS as a PostDoc researcher.
02.11.2020: Prof.dr.ir. Rob Kooij gave a talk for the Bataafsche Genootschap.
- 25.10.2020: Prof.dr.ir. Piet Van Mieghem participated in the COVID-19 panel at the 40th International symposium on forecasting.
- 24.07.2020: Prof.dr.ir. Piet Van Mieghem gave an interview for The Network Pages. See the interview here
- 02.07.2020: A new paper on (lack of) resilience in transportation networks is now published in Transportation Research Part D journal. Find it here
- 02.07.2020: New paper on maximum-entropy in weighted network ensembles is now available on arXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/2007.00124
- 11.06.2020: Prof.dr.ir. Piet Van Mieghem gave an interview for the TU Delta platform. See the interview here (in Dutch) and here (in English).
- 05.06.2020: NAS participates in the Resilient Society on COVID-19: https://cocreate.resilientsociety.world/spaces/1/radar/signals/513
- 11.04.2020: Prof.dr.ir. Piet Van Mieghem gave an interview for the Telegraaf newspaper. See the interview here.
- 06.04.2020: Prof.dr.ir. Piet Van Mieghem has appeared on the Dutch newspaper NRC (read here), the NPO TV (watch here) and the NPO radio (listen here) for research related to COVID-19.
- 02.04.2020: Prof.dr.ir. Rob Kooij has been appointed as part-time professor in NAS.
- 17.03.2020: New paper titled "Latent Geometry of Complementarity-driven Networks” available on arXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/2003.06665
- 17.03.2020: Zhidong He received his PhD degree. His thesis is available here: Performance of Complex Networks
- 13.03.2020: The latest NAS research on the 2019-nCoV can be found here: COVID-19 Prediction
- 12.02.2020: NAS developed a prediction method for the Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Available on arXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.04482
- 09.02.2020: Maksim Kitsak is joining NAS as an Assistant Professor as of 1st March 2020.
- 29.10.2019: The initial research results within the NExTWORKx project were presented in a poster session at the KPN headquarters in Rotterdam.
- 16.10.2019: Zhidong He, Peng Sun and Prof.dr.ir. Piet Van Mieghem received the 2019 James P. G. Sterbenz Best Paper Award at the 11th International Workshop on Resilient Networks Design and Modeling (RNDM).