I am a PhD student under the supervision of Professor Piet Van Mieghem. My main research interests are analysis, prediction, and network reconstruction for dynamics on networks. In particular, my work focusses on epidemics on networks and brain networks.
Below are two presentations of my work:
Publications and Reports
See also: Google Scholar
- Network-based Prediction of COVID-19 Epidemic Spreading in Italy, C. Pizzuti, A. Socievole, B. Prasse, P. Van Mieghem, Applied Network Science, November 2020.
- Comparing the Accuracy of Several Network-based COVID-19 Prediction Algorithms, M. A. Achterberg, B. Prasse, L. Ma, S. Trajanovski, M. Kitsak, P. Van Mieghem, International Journal of Forecasting, October 2020.
- Time-Dependent Solution of the NIMFA Equations around the Epidemic Threshold, B. Prasse and P. Van Mieghem, Journal of Mathematical Biology, September 2020.
- Network-inference-based prediction of the COVID-19 epidemic outbreak in the Chinese province Hubei, B. Prasse, M. A. Achterberg, L. Ma and P. Van Mieghem, Applied Network Science, July 2020.
- Mobile smartphone tracing can detect almost all SARS-CoV-2 infections, B. Prasse and P. Van Mieghem, arXiv preprint arXiv:2006.14285, June 2020.
- Predicting Dynamics on Networks Hardly Depends on the Topology, B. Prasse and P. Van Mieghem, arXiv preprint arXiv:2005.14575, May 2020.
- Fundamental Limits of Predicting Epidemic Outbreaks, B. Prasse, M. A. Achterberg and P. Van Mieghem, TU Delft report, 2020.
- Network Reconstruction and Prediction of Epidemic Outbreaks for General Group-Based Compartmental Epidemic Models, B. Prasse and P. Van Mieghem, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, to appear.
- Mapping functional brain networks from the structural connectome: relating the series expansion and eigenmode approaches, P. Tewarie, B. Prasse, J. M. Meier, F. A. N. Santos, L. Douw, M. Schoonheim, C. J. Stam, P. Van Mieghem, A. Hillebrand, NeuroImage, April 2020.
- The Viral State Dynamics of the Discrete-Time NIMFA Epidemic Model, B. Prasse and P. Van Mieghem, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, 2019.
- Network Reconstruction and Prediction of Epidemic Outbreaks for NIMFA Processes, B. Prasse and P. Van Mieghem, arXiv preprint arXiv:1811.06741, November 2018.
- Exact Network Reconstruction from Complete SIS Nodal State Infection Information Seems Infeasible, B. Prasse and P. Van Mieghem, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, 2018.
- Maximum-Likelihood Network Reconstruction for SIS Processes is NP-Hard, B. Prasse and P. Van Mieghem, arXiv preprint arXiv:1807.08630, July 2018.
- Backtracking-based dynamic programming for resolving transmit ambiguities in WSN localization, S. Schlupkothen, B. Prasse and G. Ascheid, EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing 2018.1 (2018): 20.
- A Dynamic Pogramming Algorithm for Resolving Transmit-Ambiguities in the Localization of WSN, S. Schlupkothen, B. Prasse and G. Ascheid, Ad Hoc Networking Workshop (Med-Hoc-Net), 2016 Mediterranean. IEEE, 2016.
- Prediction of epidemics on networks, Seminar of the Leiden Complex Networks Network (LCN2), Leiden, The Netherlands, 27 November 2020.
- Prediction of Epidemic Outbreaks for General Group-Based Epidemic Models, regular talk at NetSci 2020: International School and Conference on Network Science, September 2020.
- The Solution of the NIMFA Epidemic Model around the Epidemic Threshold, invited session at 21st IFAC World Congress, Berlin, Germany, 12-17 July 2020.
- TBA, Networks Seminar of the Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford, UK, 9 June 2020.
- Network Reconstruction from NIMFA Viral State Observations of Multiple Epidemic Outbreaks, regular talk at "7th International Conference on Complex Networks and Their Applications", Cambridge, UK, December 2018.
- Network Reconstruction from Viral State Observations of SIS Models seems Infeasible, contributed talk at NetSci 2018: International School and Conference on Network Science, Paris, France, June 2018.
Annual Reviews in Control, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Physical Review E, Nature Scientific Reports, IEEE Control Systems Letters, International Journal of Forecasting, European Control Conference (ECC)
|2012 - 2015||KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden|
|M.Sc. in Systems and Control Theory|
|Master Thesis, jointly done at RWTH Aachen University and KTH Stockholm (top grade at both universities): Optimization Methods for Localization in Distributed Wireless Sensor Networks|
|2012 - 2015||RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany|
|M.Sc. in Computer Engineering (Dean's List)|
|2009 - 2012||RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany|
|B.Sc. in Computer Engineering (Dean's List)|
|Bachelor Thesis (top grade): Interference Mitigation in Hybrid-Cognitive-Radio Systems|
Scholarships and Awards
|2012 - 2015||German National Scholarship|
|12/2012||Texas Instruments and ICE Bachelor Thesis Award for 2012|
|2011 - 2012||North Rhine-Westphalia Scholarship|
|Phone||+31 (0) 152 781 782|
|Address||HB 09.040, Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD, Delft, The Netherlands|