- 29.03.2018: NAS leads NExTWORKx, the collaboration between KPN and TUDelft. The major goal is a research into both fundamental properties and implementation of the next generation telecommunication networks. In the first phase of the collaboration, 6 PhD students, daily supervised by experts in both TUDelft and KPN, will focus on themes that are relevant for KPN in order to design and manage the network of the future using promising technologies as Artificial Intelligence (AI), 5G and Blockchain.
- The NAS group is organizing a workshop on Robustness of Complex Networks and one on Advances on Epidemics in Complex Networks.
- Professor Van Mieghem is honorary promotor of the honorary doctor Professor Vespignani (175th Dies Natalis)
NAS master thesis students have won the KPN value case challenge (Sept. 2016)
- A Paper authored by Niels van Adrichem "A measurement study of DNSSEC misconfigurations" is nominated for the Dutch Cyber Security Research Award 2016.
- An article Detours in the brain about the work of Jil Meier has been published in Delta, the independent journal of the Technical University Delft.
- Marcus Märtens received the Best Paper award for his publication "Toxicity Detection in Multiplayer Online Games" at the 14th International Workshop on Network and Systems Support for Games (NetGames)
- A book "Performance Analysis of Complex Networks and Systems" by Professor Van Mieghem is available.